This document sets out the warranties that are given by Quik Corp Pty Ltd (ABN 18 081 235 556) in relation to the Product purchased from or manufactured by Quik Corp.
1.1 In this warranty policy:
“Quik Corp” means Quik Corp Pty Ltd (ABN 18 081 235 556);
“Customer” means the party who originally acquired the Product from Quik Corp, or an authorised distributor, reseller or dealer for Quik Corp, for their own use.
“OEM Equipment” means the items of equipment fitted to the product by Quik Corp and which items have been manufactured by others and have their own manufacturer’s warranty.
“Product” means the goods or machinery that the Customer acquired and which were manufactured by Quik Corp.
2.1 Subject to clause 3 and clause 4, Quik Corp warrants to the Customer that the Product will be free from proven defects in material and workmanship for twelve months from the date of purchase by the Customer, unless a specific warranty period applies to a component listed in appendix A.
2.2 The warranty is not transferable.
3.1 This warranty does not cover damages resulting from shipping and handling, abuse, accidents, alterations, normal wear or failure to maintain or use the Quik Corp product with due care.
3.2.Quik Corp does not warrant that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or error free. The Customer must read and follow all instructions and manuals for the setup, maintenance and use of the Product. If the Customer fails to do so, the product may not function correctly and may suffer other damage.
3.3.This warranty does not extend to OEM equipment which has its own warrant and the Customer must rely on the OEM equipment warranty for any defects in material or workmanship relating to the OEM equipment.
3.4.This warranty does not extend to cover corrosion due to any cause nor to any damage to painted or anodised surfaces that occurs after the Customer takes delivery of the product.
3.5.This warranty does not cover time required to diagnose a warranty problem.
3.6.The use of parts other than Quik Corp parts for repair of warranted items will automatically negate any warranty. Warranted components must be replaced with genuine Quik Corp parts.
3.7.Repairs by an unauthorised agent will automatically forfeit any warranty. Warranty repairs must be carried out by Quik Corp or an authorised Quik Corp Dealer/Service Agent only.
3.8.This warranty does not cover transportation or insurance costs for Products needing repair or replacement of warranted components. Nor does it cover any freight or insurance costs in obtaining new parts or returning old parts to Quik Corp for inspection purposes.
3.9.The time taken to remove and re-install a warranted part or component into other brands of equipment will not be covered by the Quik Corp warranty. Only parts and labour directly attributable to the repair of the Quik Corp unit is covered.
3.10.Quik Corp does not pay for cleaning, or clean the Product, accessories or work area before or after the warranty repair.
3.11.Quik Corp assumes no responsibility for improper choice of models or where products are used in excess of rated capacities and design functions, or under abnormal conditions. We make available a free technical service to help with any product selection, application or situation.
4.1 During the warranty period, Quik Corp or its authorised Dealer/Service Agent shall repair or replace, at Quik Corp’s discretion, without charge for parts and standard labour, any part of the Quik Corp Product which fails because of defects in material or workmanship unless the damage arises from:
- Failure resulting from neglect or misuse, such as improper operation, lack of required maintenance or continued use of the Product after the discovery of a defect which results in greater damage to the Product;
- Deteriorated or failed components such as but not limited to diaphragms, O-rings, hoses, seals, electrical wiring and connections damaged by corrosive chemicals, dirt and sand, excessive heat or moisture. The Customer should ensure the type and strength of chemicals used in the Product are compatible with the design of the Product;
- The use of accessories, hardware, or software which were not manufactured by, installed by or approved in writing by Quik Corp;
- The use of consumable items such as but not limited to oils, lubricants, diaphragms, O-rings, hoses seals, gaskets, filter elements, flow meters, clutches, drive belts, pivot pins, paint, batteries, radio transmitters, radio relays, push buttons, switches, hose rollers, aerials, spray guns and nozzles as these items are considered to be normal wear items and are not warranted;
- Component failure caused by not performing scheduled maintenance service such as oils, grease, failure to clean tanks, pumps, filters, spray lines, nozzles or any other components and not tightening or replacing loose or missing bolts, nuts, fittings, shields and covers;
- Damage or machine failure caused by carelessness or accidental damage, improper operation, inappropriate transportation or storage of the Product;
- Any contamination or leakages caused or induced by the Customer;
- Any use or operation of the Product outside the physical, electrical or environmental specifications of the Product;
- Any alterations, modifications, attachments or unauthorised repairs to the Product which have not been authorised in writing by Quik Corp; and
- Failures due to faulty or inadequate electrical sources of power.
5.1 All OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) components are covered by the Original Manufacturer’s Warranty. It is the Customer’s responsibility to familiarise themselves with these warranties, and subject to clause 7, that is the only warranty given to the customer in respect of that part of the Product.
6.1 To obtain warranty service:
- The Warranty Registration Form must be returned to Quik Corp by the Customer within 14 days of taking delivery of the Product;
- The Customer must read the Operating manual before operating the Product;
- The Customer must provide with notice of the defect Quik Corp within the warranty period and within 14 days of discovery of the claimed problem, and allow reasonable time for replacement or repair.
6.2 Quik Corp may, at its discretion, request the Customer to deliver the alleged defective parts to an authorised servicing Dealer/Service Agent or to Quik Corp. Transportation of the Product to the authorised servicing Dealer/Service Agent or Quik Corp for warranty work is the responsibility of the Customer and is at the Customer’s expense. Alternatively, the Customer may request a Quik Corp service technician to travel to the site of the Product to effect repairs or replacement, however the reasonable travel costs (including traveling time) of the service technician must be paid for by the Customer.
6.3 Any service outside the scope of this warranty will be charged for at Quik Corp’s rates and terms then in effect.
7.1 This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties (except those of title), expressed or implied, and there are no warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
7.2 Unless the Product has been purchased for personal, domestic or household use, any liability of Quik Corp to the Customer arising under statute which may not be excluded restricted or modified by agreement in limited to an amount equal to, as determined by Quik Corp:
- Replacement of the Product or supply of equivalent Product;
- The repair of the Product;
- The payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the Product; or
- Refund of the purchase price paid by the Customer.
7.3 Subject to clause 7.2, in no event shall Quik Corp or the authorised Dealer/Service Agent be liable for any loss of profit or any consequential, indirect or special loss, damage or injury of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the Product or any defect.
7.4 The benefits under this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the Product.
7.5 The judgement of Quik Corp in all cases of claims under this warranty shall be final and conclusive and the Customer agrees to accept its decisions on all questions as to defect, repair and to the exchange of any part or parts.
Subject to Quik Corps warranty terms and conditions, below warranty periods apply to this appliance.
Poly, Roto moulded tank – 15 Years
Pump – Davey FF Twin – 1 year
Pump motor Hatz 1B40 Diesel 12V electric start – 2 years
Hose reel – QCFE RFR – 3 years
Lockers – Aluminium structure – 3 years
Aluminium Fire unit Sub Frame – 5 years
Steel chassis frame – 2 years
FOPS – 5 years
Fabricated stainless steel plumbing 20 years
Ball Valves 1 Year
Electrical items (led lights, hazard lights, work lights) 1 Year
All others 1 year or OEM warranty.